POEM If I should have a daughter - Sarah Kay. And Im going to paint solar systems on the backs of her hands so she has to learn the entire universe before she can say Oh I know that like the back of my hand.


Sarah Kay The Type Everyone Needs A Place It Shouldn T Be Inside Of Someone Else Relationships Lifeadvice Selfcare S Quotes Words Elegant Words

More like this Pretty Words Love Words Beautiful Words Beautiful Things Spoken Word Poetry Sarah Kay Aesthetic Words Try To Remember Poem Quotes The Type - Sarah Kay.

Sarah kay poems if i should have a daughter. Sarah Kays poem if I should have a daughter is quite insightful and intriguing to the audience. And Im gonna paint the solar systems on the backs of her hands. TED 2011 Long Beach CA.

She would have a daughter who would be a prophet. She starts the poem by saying If I should have a daughter instead of Mom she s going to call me Point B because that way she knows that no matter what happens at least she can always find her way to me. If I should have a daughter instead of Mom shes going to call me Point B because that way she knows that no matter what happens at least she can always find her way to me.

Kay has applied an aspect of realism in her masterpieces while educating the audience with imaginative poetry the values of knowledge. Within her poem there are similes and metaphors with a hint of rhyme. Sarah Kay has written this poem which seems like a song because of its cadence and lyrical qualities to an imaginary daughter.

Sarah Kay R Lais If I Should Have a Daughter. Make change happen NOW S say- it wear say-it were listening Shane Koyczan. The moment she said I can 2.

If I Should Have a Daughter is an inspiring and connectable poem by Sarah Kay. If I Should Have a Daughter TED Talk Lyrics If I should have a daughter instead of Mom shes gonna call me Point B because that way she knows that no. She uses the technique of a teaching and supportive tone like that of a mother as she talks about her personal experiences of her life.

She addresses the complexities of the mother-daughter relationship in an artful manner. Shes gonna learn that this life will hit you hard in the face wait for you to get back up so it can kick you in the stomach She also uses a. If I should have a daughter writes Sarah Kay instead of Mom shes gonna call me Point B Because that way she knows that no matter what happens at.

Realizing that she needed to grow and explore and take risks and challenge herself and incorporate herself into these poems while she was simultaneously changing and growing. This is credible as human minds are so complex and intricate and were not all mind readers. Sarah Kay uses figurative language and intriguing words to get her readers to understand.

Sign in to Google to save your progress. So rather than assuming Sarah Kay discusses through her poetry that if she should have a daughter instead of assuming she would ask her what she would prefer and offer her small choices giving her a sense of control and influence over the situation. She tells the story of her metamorphosis -- from a wide-eyed teenager soaking in verse at New Yorks Bowery Poetry Club to a teacher connecting kids with the power of self-expression through.

Kay starts off her speech with the recitation of her spoken word poem B. She wants her future daughter to know that life is hard but you can always fight back and get back up. Began spoken word poet Sarah Kay in a talk that inspired two standing ovations at TED2011.

Sarah Kays If I should have a daughter is a tribute to the resilience of the human character. Remember Who You Are Give It To Me I Am Enough Sarah Kay Thank You God Anti Bullying Need Someone Spoken Word Make Me Smile YOU ARE UNIQUE. If I should have a daughter instead of Mom shes gonna call me Point B because that way she knows that no matter what happens at least she can always find her way to me.

If I should have a daughter I will make sure to tell her each and everyday that she can do anything she sets her mind to that no dream is too large and no hurdle too big. Watch the video and answer the questions. This step never ends.

But these steps to success could be applied to any situation. The poem B is a message from Kay to her future daughter. And Im going to paint solar systems on the backs of her hands so she has to learn the entire universe before she can say Oh I know that like the back of my hand.

She will end some sentences with a smile some with warmth others with a frown- but all with honesty. When she said I will continue to do this 3. If I should have a daughter by Sarah Kay Find this Pin and more on quotesby Alyssa Lowe.

When you fall in love it is discovering the ocean after years of puddle jumping. With the poem B If I Should Have a Daughter Sarah Kay emphasizes the many lessons of life by telling them to her hypothetical daughter. If I should have a daughter instead of Mom shes going to call me Point B because that way she knows that no matter what happens at least she can always find her way to me.

If I should have a daughter I will teach her to be well-spoken but always respectful. If I Should Have a Daughter. Spoken-word poems have to be true.

If I should have a daughter instead of Mom shes gonna call me Point B. Began spoken word poet Sarah Kay in a talk that inspired two standing ovations at. If I should have a daughter instead of mom shes gonna call me Point B Because that way she knows that no matter what happens at least she can always find her way to me.

It is a poem that makes you think and learn something by connecting and by using real things in life. It is a plea to remain strong despite all the pain that will be inflicted upon us throughout our lies.


If I Should Have A Daughter By Sarah Kay Via That Kind Of Woman Spoken Word Poetry Pretty Words Words